Types of Parking
- Signal intention, position front of vehicle 3-4 feet away from space.
- Move forward until SIDE VIEW mirror appears to align with the first pavement line.
- Visually target the MIDDLE of the space and move slowly turning the wheel sharply.
- Once front of vehicle enters space, gradually begin straightening out the steering wheel while monitoring the vehicles parked on either side of the space.
Exiting Angle Parking
- Place foot on brake, signal intention, shift to REVERSE, search path of travel.
- Back up until your vehicle’s front seat is even with the back of the space. Begin turning the steering wheel in the direction you want the REAR of the vehicle to go.
- Check back and forth from the path backwards, looking for obstructions or other vehicles, and the position of FRONT bumper on the opposite side from where you are turning.
- Back into the CLOSEST lane (or, if you backed into the parking space, move FORWARD into closest lane), shift to DRIVE and move FORWARD.