Types of Driver's Licenses and Permits

Commercial Driver’s License (CDL):

A commercial driver’s license (CDL) allows you to operate tractor-trailers, passenger buses, tank vehicles, school buses for 16 or more occupants (including the driver), or vehicles carrying hazardous materials.

For more information about CDL, refer to the Virginia Supplement to the Commercial Driver License Manual (DMV 60V) available at www.dmvNOW.com under forms or any DMV customer service center.

Scroll to Top