Tips For Beginner Drivers to Share with Their Parents
Here are a few helpful tips for beginner drivers to keep in mind:
- Students who drive often with their parents become great beginning drivers.
- One year of driving experience is highly recommended before giving new teenage drivers their own vehicle.
- Limit passengers and night driving.
- Negotiate a contract of acceptable behavior with the new drivers.
- Have zero tolerance for moving violations or alcohol use.
- Everyone in the vehicle buckles up.
- Parents/driving teachers set good examples.
While there are no guarantees that a student driver won’t make a costly mistake on the road, by adopting a cautious approach with gradually lifting restrictions, the teen driver will have a greater chance of becoming a “safe driver for life.”