Student Goals and the "I Can" Method
By the end of this course, students will be able to say, “I can…”
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of rules and procedures for operating a motor vehicle.
- Use visual search skills effectively to obtain information and make risk-reducing decisions about driving maneuvers.
- Manage space around my vehicle by adjusting position and/or speed to avoid conflicts and reduce risks.
- Interact with others in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate vehicle control through precision steering, braking and accelerating in a timely manner.
- Protect myself and others by using safety belts and head restraints.
- Make good choices and display responsible behaviors.
Let’s start by looking at the unique situation teens face as they set out to learn how to drive a vehicle.