Risk Reduction and Management
Accept the responsibilities associated with operating a motor vehicle. Consider also the following steps to manage risk and be a safe and responsible driver:
- Do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol or otherwise be impaired while driving.
- You and your passenger(s) should always wear seatbelts.
- Although it may not seem important to obey everyday laws, it is important to do so for the safety of yourself and others.
- Safely sharing the roadway with other drivers and pedestrians is essential for avoiding crashes.
- The traffic laws and rules of the road cannot address all possible driving situations. If you remember to be courteous, you can help avoid crashes and keep traffic moving in an orderly fashion.
- The golden rule of driving is to treat others the way you would want to be treated. You should obey traffic laws, drive responsibly, and avoid taking unnecessary risks.