Operating YOUR Vehicle Cont'd
Two-point Turnabouts: Backing into Driveway on LEFT Side
- Check Traffic Flow as you approach the driveway.
- Signal and position your vehicle 3-6 inches from center yellow line. Remember, you are in the right lane, planning to turn LEFT.
- When traffic is clear, turn left into the driveway and STOP.
- Shift to REVERSE, monitor pathway back.
- Back out slowly but steadily, turning wheel rapidly to the RIGHT as you exit driveway.
- STRAIGHTEN wheels, centering your vehicle in lane of roadway.
- Shift into DRIVE. Check traffic and accelerate to posted speed.
Why is it safer to back into a driveway and then pull out? Answer:
When you back into a driveway and then pull out, you have a better view of potential hazards than if you had to back out in reverse.