Operating YOUR Vehicle Cont'd
- Look for parking spaces with enough room for entering and exiting easily.
- Pay attention to signs, pavement markings, and local laws.
- Look for vehicles exiting parking spaces.
- Keep in mind some parking garages are cramped, or have specially marked parking spaces for smaller vehicles, and other reserved spaces.
- Avoid spaces at the end of parking areas which might cause your vehicle to stick out and be exposed to being hit.
- Avoid spaces near large vehicle because the size of these vehicles may block your vision when you are exiting.
- Avoid spaces next to poorly parked vehicles.
- Avoid areas with poor lighting for safety reasons.
WHERE Is Parking NOT allowed?
- Right beside another parked vehicle but not in a lane (double parking)
- On crosswalks or sidewalks.
- In front of driveways not your own.
- Next to painted YELLOW curbs or where posted “NO Parking”
- In spaces marked “handicapped” or for disabled persons.
- On surface of the road away from the side where no curb present.
- Within 20 feet of an intersection.
- Within 15 feet of the entrance to a fire, ambulance, or Rescue squad station.
- Within 500 feet of where fire trucks or equipment are stopped answering an alarm.
- Within 50 feet of a railroad crossing.
- Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.