Info on Passing Cont'd
Passing is Illegal When:
- You ignore the solid yellow or double solid yellow lines and cross them.
- The roadway is clearly marked “Do Not Pass.”
- You are passing a vehicle all ready speeding excessively and you must travel well above speed limits to pass.
- You do not have enough time to pass because either another vehicle is coming from the opposite direction, or the broken yellow line will soon become solid again.
- You are approaching a curve or top of hill or otherwise cannot see ahead.
- You are within 100 feet of a railroad crossing or bridge.
- You are behind a stopped school bus with children entering or exiting the bus.
It is particularly dangerous to pass, when:
- You must pass a long line of vehicles.
- Traffic is too close to pass safely.
- You are too near a no-passing zone, school zone, or intersection.
- You must speed in order to pass a vehicle.
- You would pass the vehicle on a hill.
Suppose another vehicle is trying to pass me?
- Slow down a bit and allow them to pass safely.
- Never speed up and race them. Be courteous.