Changing a Tire
Use your vehicle owner’s manual to determine the proper procedures for changing your tires. Generally, those procedures will include:
- Loosening of the lug nuts.
- Then, jacking up the vehicle.
- Removing the flat tire.
- Installing the spare tire and hand tightening the lug nuts.
- Lowering the jack and vehicle.
- Tightening the lug nuts with a lug wrench using a “star” pattern.
Your owner’s manual will also tell you the location and operating procedures for your jack, the proper placement for your jack, and the location of your spare tire.