Currently, one must be a minimum of 16 years, 3 months old to hold a driver’s license in Virginia, and as long as the driver has 20/40 vision or better, there is no age limit.
Licensed drivers must abide by all traffic laws and regulations at all times, and avoid operating a vehicle of any type when:
- Under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Using specific types of prescribed medication
- Overly anxious or angry
- Beyond the teenager curfew
- The vehicle is not in a safe condition
- The vehicle lacks the proper safety restraints for children and adults
It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure they are fit for the road anytime they get behind the wheel, as they are ultimately the one accountable for their actions and the safe operation of the vehicle.