Adjusting for Blindspots
Front of Vehicle:
- While you are sitting in the driver’s seat (engine off), your instructor stands close to the front bumper, facing you.
- Your instructor begins taking steps backwards.
- Wave when you can see your instructor’s feet.
- Get out of the vehicle and note the distance. It usually seems closer when looking from inside the vehicle. This area in front of the vehicle is a blind spot and cannot be seen when looking out the front windshield.
Rear of Vehicle:
- Repeat the process from the rear of the vehicle.
- Again, wave when you see your parent/teacher’s feet from the inside rearview mirror.
- Once again, get out of the vehicle and note the distance.